Amphi-tech conducts inspections of water-filled accumulator tanks without the tank needing to be drained and with a limited amounted of operational stoppage. Once the water temperature is reduced to +55° C, a visual inspection is made as is an inspection using the ROV (remotely operated underwater vehicle).
The inspection entails:
- Checking and inspection of the inner walkway.
- Inspection of the lines on the sheath from the water level to the bottom.
- Suction-cleaning and inspection of bottom plates.
- Inspection of pipe openings and upper nozzle.
The inspection and its related report and documentation allow for:
- The prevention of operating stoppages and defects that can result in elevated maintenance costs.
- Compliance with safety requirements for the following inspection.
- The resiliency of the material to be utilised in order to optimise the useful life of the unit.